Chicken Gyro Recipe: Hello there food lovers! If you’ve had the chance to travel in Greece, you probably had the chance to taste gyros. Chicken gyros is one of the most popular Greek street foods (but not only street food). You can find chicken gyro at any corner or any taverna. This marinated chicken is juicy, tender and super delicious.
Let’s show you how to make this recipe. It’s really easy and quick to make. Keep reading…
Chicken Gyro Recipe
For the gyros:
- 600g Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Ground coriander seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Olive oil
- Potato fries
- Pita bread
- Tomato salad
- Marinate the gyros: In a bowl mix smoked paprika, salt, pepper, dried thyme, ground coriander seeds, crushed garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add chicken thighs and mix until well coated. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight or at least one hour.
- Cook the gyros: Heat a large skillet/pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes from each side, until fully cooked. Remove from the pan.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces.
- Assembly: place the gyrus in a large place. Serve with potato fried, pita bread, tzatziki sauce, sliced tomatoes and onions.
• Instead of serving the gyros on a plate you also can wrap it in a Greek tortilla and wrap it.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Cooking Foodie