Chicken Curry Sauce: Have you ever heard the line of a song by Nigerian singer, Mr Eazi which says… “My thing tastes like chicken curry”? He sure knew what Chicken curry tasted like and for those who are still wondering what chicken curry is or what it would be like to have a taste, we can help you make it better still. If that’s something you find intriguing, then, let’s learn it!
For this meal, we would be needing some ingredients, which we can assure you are very easy to get. We would list out the ingredients for you, so you have all the time to do some shopping if you are lacking any needed spice. Also, we would be needing Chicken, obviously.
Chicken Curry Sauce
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken seasoning
- White pepper
- Onion powder
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Corn starch.
- To start off, you will need to wash your chicken breasts with clean cold water. You can decide to cut them if they haven't already been cut. If the sizes are fine, then you're good to go, but if they're not, you can go ahead and make some adjustments. Now, to season it, we would add the pounded or grated ginger and garlic to the chicken. If you have powdered garlic and ginger, even better.
- Add your curry powder, thyme, chicken seasoning, white pepper, onion powder, and salt. Now, mix everything together, so that the ingredients will get to every part of the chicken. When that is done, cover it with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the fridge for about an hour or so, depending on how much time you have.
- So, while the chicken is marinating, get your other ingredients ready. Slice your Red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, Green bell pepper, Carrots, and Onions, and set aside. Now, in a bowl, mix some cornstarch with water, mix it up, and set it aside. This will serve as the thickener.
- Add some oil in a clean pot and add some sliced onions and fry for about a minute. Then add your marinated chicken and stir really well until turns pale. After that, add enough water to cover the contents in the pot. Then close the pot lid and allow it to boil. Once it boils, stir it and add the carrot. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Now, allow it to boil again. Now, add your peppers – green, yellow, and red. Then add your scorched bonnet pepper and some chopped onions. Then stir well, before adding the cornstarch mixture.
- Stir and cover to boil. Once it boils, it's ready to be eaten with rice, spaghetti, boiled potatoes, Yam, or whatever you think would be a good fit.
The chicken curry sauce is not only a simple meal but also healthy, and you can eat it as it is, without anything to go with it. So, if you want to try it, please go ahead. We’d love to hear from you. Tell us how it was for you.