Beans & Sweet Potatoes Recipe: It is common that not a lot of people like beans as a meal and that’s partly because they possibly haven’t tried it with other foods. You see, beans is not only nutritious but can be eaten in diverse ways and with diverse foods like bread, garri, pap, rice, plantain, corn, and even potatoes. This meal is a low budget meal, meaning that you don’t need much funds to prepare it.
Beans & Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 cups of beans
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Sweet potatoes
- Palm oil
- Seasoning cubes
- Start out by selecting the beans. Make sure that you separate the beans itself from any stone or chaff that may be in there. Now, wash the beans twice or more to completely clear out the dirt. Transfer the beans into a pot of boiling water and cook. While that is happening, prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Start chopping your onions. Chop one into big sizes and keep aside to blend with the crayfish later. Then, nicely chop the other one. Take out your crayfish, onions, pepper, and garlic. Blend them and set aside.
- Check back on your beans. Take it off the heat, drain and rinse nicely. Then put the beans back on the fire to continue boiling. Add some water. Make sure the water is at the same level with the beans. Add some chopped onions, and cover to boil.
- Now, proceed with peeling the potatoes. After peeling, cut the potatoes up nicely and wash them. Check back on your beans, give it a quick stir and add your blended onion paste to the pot.
- Add the sweet potatoes at this time because we want them to boil on time. Give it a gentle mix and add your salt and seasoning. Cook until the potatoes are soft. Add some palm oil to the pot and stir gently. Your food is ready to be served.
YouTube Video Credit:
The Joyful Cook