Beans And Corn Pottage: While it is true that a lot of people may not choose beans when they see them on a menu, you can also fall in love with this meal if you spice it up with corn. Ever tried that before? If you haven’t, you’re in luck. We’ll show you just how to prepare this delicacy.
Make the yummiest Corn and Beans Pottage! Beans and Corn is such a comforting meal. The crunch of the corn and the softness of the beans in this delicious palm oil sauce is everything! You can use sweet corn if you don’t have fresh corn. Use Oloyin Beans (Honey Beans).
Beans And Corn Pottage
- Fresh Corn
- Palm Oil
- Smoked Fish
- Salt To taste
- Start by peeling back the corn husk and silk. Clear them up nicely to reveal the corn itself - with the kernels and cob. Once that is done, take off the kernels from the cob (as shown in the video below). You can use a knife to do this. If you can't find corn around you to buy, you can also opt for sweet corn. It can fit too. Pour out the kernels in a bowl and wash them. This will help to clean off the extra silk and bits.
- Place some water in a pot and start boiling it while you are sieving and selecting your beans. Once that is done, pour them into a bowl and wash them well. We'll be washing it again, so you don't need to wash it too hard. Once that is done, add your beans into the pot of boiling water. Allow it to cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Go ahead with your other ingredients while the beans get ready. If you already have blended tomatoes, that works. If you don't, you can get it blended nicely. Check on your beans, drain the water and wash them again. You can wash about 2 or 3 times till the water runs clear. Place them back into the pot, add some water, and place back on the heat.
- Add your corn to the beans and let them boil at the same time. Go on with your other ingredients. Chop your onions and add them to the beans. Add your blended tomatoes too. You can add some tomato paste too if you like. Now, add some palm oil and your ground pepper.
- Add some salt and a bit of crayfish seasoning. Also, add your fish and cover the pot. Allow it to cook for 20-30 minutes. Now, pour some crayfish into the beans for added flavor. Mix everything nicely now. Cover the pot and allow to cook again.
Watch Video Below:
YouTube Video Credit: