Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: We’re back once more with a new and mouth-watering recipe that is guaranteed to make you have a food germ. So, today, we will be showing you how to prepare assorted meat stew. Get ready to be blown away to food land or someplace where you will experience the full sensations that come with having a perfect recipe. For stew and beef lovers, this is it – the holy grail of stew-making. Come along with us on this food journey. Let’s get started.
Assorted Meat Stew
- Bell Pepper
- Cooking oil
- Scotch bonnet pepper
- Shaki (Cow intestine)
- Kpomo (Cow skin)
- Seasoning cubes
- Start out by washing your ingredients – Fresh tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, and scotch bonnet pepper with some salt. Rinse them off with water until they're clean and then, we move to the next step.
- Now, cut them up into big pieces and blend right away if you want. Another process is to boil them before blending. It's totally up to you and whatever choice you go with.
- Boiling the pepper mix before blending helps to soften the mix, and not a lot of people do this, but you can try it out if you want. Once the purée is blended smoothly, pour it out into a clean bowl.
- As soon as that is ready, get your already washed shaki, kpomo and liver into a clean pot, add some water, cover the lid to bring the meat to a boil. Allow to boil for about 7 minutes.
- Check back on your meat after the specified time. Now, drain the water off the meat and rinse it out nicely. After you're done with the rinsing, add the shaki, kpomo and liver back into the pot and add your beef to the pot too.
- Now, blend some onions, ginger, and garlic. Then, add that into the mix. You can rinse out the jar and add that to the mix as well.
- Next, season the meat with some curry powder, thyme, seasoning cubes, salt and any other spice of your choice. Now, stir and let it steam for 15 minutes before adding water. After the specified time, check on your beef and add some water. Cook until the liver and beef is done.
- This can take roughly 10-12 minutes. Now, take out all the meat from the water and place them in a clean bowl. Save the meat stock for later.
- Now, in another pot, add some cooking oil and start frying your beef and liver. Don't fry the shaki and kpomo. Stir from time to time, so that the beef will be evenly fried. Once the beef and liver are dry, scoop them out and put them aside. Add your sliced onions.
- Fry for 2 minutes before adding your blended pepper mix. Reduce your gas and let it fry on low heat. You can cover the pot halfway through and let it fry gently. Stir now and then.
- 15-20 minutes into frying the stew, you can now add your shaki and the kpomo. Now, stir before adding your seasoning. Add your seasoning stock, salt and any other ingredient you want to. Stir gently and add the meat stock to the stew and cover the pot halfway through.
- Make sure you keep an eye on the stew. Now and then, stir. Cover again to simmer. Now, add your beef and liver and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
- You can taste your stew to adjust the seasoning accordingly. Cover and let it simmer for a bit. Your stew is ready.
Some people like to dry out the blended tomatoes before adding onions and other ingredients. Bear in mind that there are different ways to make stew and this is only a recipe. If you feel comfortable with your style, you can stick to it. But, just for the sake of trying out new things, why don’t you try this recipe out and see how that goes? We can promise you that it would be divine.