Assorted Meat Pepper Soup: Hello there food lover! Welcome back to another recipe learning experience. Today, we will be showing you how to make assorted meat pepper soup. You can make this for your family, especially on rainy days. Those times when you crave something hot and warm to get you comfy.
Assorted Meat Pepper Soup
Today, we will be showing you how to make assorted meat pepper soup. You can make this for your family, especially on rainy days.
- Assorted Meat
- Blended Onions
- Spring Onions
- Basil Leaves
- Chilli for Garnishing
- Bouillon Cubes
For the Pepper Soup Mix:-
- 1 big Onion
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 6-8 Ehu seeds (Calabash Nutmeg)
- 1.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Pepper Soup Spice
- Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- Paprika Pepper
- Start by chopping the meats into bite sizes. Repeat the same process for the shaki and other assorted meats. Transfer them into a bowl and wash them properly. After washing, start seasoning the meat.
- Add your seasoning cubes and salt. Mix them thoroughly. Leave them to marinate for about 2 hours - 24 hours. Cover with a clingfilm and place in the fridge.
- You can use a pressure cooker for this one. After marinating, add your meat into the pressure cooker, add some water and cook for about 5 minutes on the highest setting. Add some onions to it too. While that is happening, let's go ahead with the other seasonings.
- Take your chopped onions and place them in a blender. Add your ginger, calabash nutmeg, garlic, black pepper, scotch bonnet pepper, and pepper soup spice. Add your paprika pepper and some water. Cover and blend until smoothly pureed.
- Now, on to the main cooking. Take a cooking pan and place it on low heat. Add your meat and stir to combine. Next, add your other assorted meat. Now, add your puree and some spring onions.
- Don't add any water, simply combine. Cover and leave to simmer for about 15 minutes. After the time has passed, stir the pan. Now, transfer your shaki to the pot too.
- Instead of adding water to the pot, add the meat stock. Combine thoroughly. Check the taste and adjust accordingly. Stir and allow to cook for about 30 more minutes. Now, add your chopped chili pepper and your scent leaves or basil leaves. Allow it to simmer. After simmering, check on the meat. You can serve now. Enjoy.
YouTube Video Credit:
Sisi Jemimah’s Recipes