Tiger Nut Pudding: Hi food lovers! Welcome to another tutorial where we show you how to make the tastiest and most delicious tiger nut pudding. Tiger Nut is a healthy drink that you should definitely try out. It houses a host of health benefits and we’ll show you how to make it.
Tasty Tiger Nut Pudding
- 10 cups tiger nuts
- 5 cups of water or less
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup condensed or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar or more if desired
- 2 tablespoons rice flour (optional)
- Strawberry fruit for garnish
- Kiwi fruit for garnish
- Grab the digestive biscuit and empty it from the pack. Break them up into pieces to allow for easy blending and place them in a blender. Blend till smooth. Afterward, add some melted butter to the blended mix.
- Blend some more and set it aside. Wash your tiger nuts thoroughly and pour them into the blender and add enough water to cover the entire surface of the tiger nut. Blend on medium speed until very well mixed.
- Now, take a mixing bowl, place a fine sieve on top of it and place a fine cloth on top of the fine sieve (this is an extra measure to prevent the chaff from going into the bowl. Pour the tiger nut into the fine cloth, then take the four ends of the cloth and squeeze tightly to separate the milk from the chaff.
- Continue the blending and the mix extraction process until you have used up all of the tiger nuts. At this point, you can bottle up the juice to use in your cereals and oats or whatever.
- Next. transfer the milk to a pot on medium to low heat and begin to stir. Stir continuously until it thickens up slightly. Ensure your heat is set to medium-low to allow your milk to thicken slowly. After about 5 minutes of stirring continuously, it should have thickened up slightly.
- To make sure you have got the right consistency, run your finger on the spatula used to stir it. If your finger makes a line that doesn't close up, then it's right.
- At this point, go ahead and add some sugar, vanilla essence, and condensed or evaporated milk to the pot. Then stir again for another minute and take off the heat immediately. It's important to serve immediately after cooking in cups or smaller bowls.
- To start serving, place the crumbled biscuits at the bottom of the cup. Then pour the milk over the biscuits till the cup is slightly full. Finally, garnish with any toppings of your choice.
- You can use some strawberries or kiwi fruit. You can add some crumbles of the biscuit to the top of the cup. The point is to make it look as pretty as possible. You can now enjoy your tiger nut pudding.
YouTube Video Credit: