Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie: If you’re looking for something sweet and yet healthy, then you should consider this peanut butter and banana smoothie recipe. It is naturally sweetened with fruit and can easily remind you of a milkshake.
It is completely dairy free, and it will leave you feeling full and satisfied for hours. So, if you’re up for it, let’s get started on this recipe.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of milk or water (Almond milk)
- 2 Tablespoons of all natural peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- To start, you want to make sure that you've got frozen bananas ready. To preserve bananas, take off the back and place them in an airtight container with lid in the fridge. Don't forget to peel the bananas before placing them in the fridge or else the skin would be hard to peel off once it gets frozen. It should be frozen solid in 6-8 hours.
- Get your blender and add your milk. Next, add 1 frozen banana. Cut it into pieces so that it's easier to blend. If you can cut them into coin shapes, it's all the better. Now, add 2 Tablespoons of all natural peanut butter. Now, add 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seeds.
- After that, add 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract. Afterwards, add one more banana cut into two into the blender. This recipe is for one serving, so if you want to serve two or more, double the ingredients.
- Now, cover the lid and blend smoothly. Stop halfway to scrape down the sides of the blender. This recipe doesn't need a lot of liquid. It helps to keep the smoothie thick.
- You can also add a dash of almond milk or water. At this point, you can add any sweetener you want. You can add some ice cubes if you wish. Garnish with some banana slices, chocolate chips and peanut butter and serve right away.