Perfect Tequila Sunrise Cocktail: Hi food lovers! This is the best recipe, scratch that, this is the ultimate recipe for making the perfect Tequila sunrise cocktail. This beauty is usually served in a highball glass over ice. The key to the Tequila Sunrise’s beauty is that you can’t stir it. Let’s show you how to make it.
How To Make The Perfect Tequila Sunrise Cocktail
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 4 ounces of orange juice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine syrup
- Orange slice/wheel
- Maraschino cherries
- Start out by filling a cocktail shaker with some ice. After that, pour in your orange juice and Tequila. Then, cover and shake for about 20 seconds. When that is done, set it aside.
- Next, fill a highball glass with ice and strain the tequila mixer into the glass. Pour the grenadine syrup over the back of a spoon held over the top of the glass. This process guides the grenadine syrup down the side of the glass. It will sink to the bottom of the glass, creating a red layer at the bottom. It's so beautiful.
- Do not stir the drink. You'll ruin it. Simply, garnish with an orange wheel and 1 or 2 maraschino cherries. You can skewer the cherries on a cocktail toothpick or just add them on top of the ice. Anyone that feels good to you.
- Right before serving, very gently and slowly, stir one turn from the bottom of the drink to create the sunrise effect. Enjoy your Tequila sunrise.