How To Make Coconut Milk: Hi there food lovers! So today, we would be showing you how to make coconut milk from the comfort of your home. Coconut milk is a plant based milk that can be used in many sweet and savory dishes including sauces, cereals, oats, cookies, cakes, etc.
How To Make Coconut Milk
- 2 coconuts
- 4 cups water
- Fine sieve or cheese cloth
- Storage bottles
- Start by cutting open the coconut. You can use a rolling pin or simply use any hard object to break open the coconut. Use a knife to peel out the hard shell from the coconut itself. Afterwards, gently peel the brown skin from the coconut, using a knife also.
- You can also choose to leave the brown part on if you prefer that. When you're done, wash your coconut with clean water. Next, start cutting the coconuts into smaller sizes.
- After that is done, pour some water into your blender. Pour enough to blend the coconut. Then, add the chopped coconuts into the blender.
- Blend carefully Once you're done, grab a bowl and pour the coconut purée into a fine sieve placed over the bowl. Separate the chaff from the coconut milk. You can use your hands to get the work done nicely.
- You can still use the coconut chaff later. Pour it out onto a flat tray and allow to dry. When it is fully dry, you can blend for use later. Now, you can start pouring out your coconut milk into bottles to store in the fridge or for immediate use.
YouTube Video Credits: